Cityview desires to be a God-glorifying, Bible-based, multi-ethnic, economically diverse,
intergenerational church that reflects both the diversity and the unity of the Kingdom of God.
In our current cultural environment, constructive conversations around race and justice are increasingly difficult. Our prayer is that the Cityview family can show the world a better way:
one marked by respect, humility, learning, and love.
The leadership team of Cityview Bible Church has put together a helpful list of Christian
resources that can aid in this process on this page.
Watch the Sermon Series: Race & Grace
We invite you to join us as we listen to God’s Word with a heart to obey, and we listen to other’s perspectives and experiences with a heart of empathy and compassion. May God help us humble our hearts and grow as a diverse community of disciples, unified under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
Study Guides & Sermon Manuscripts
Read a manuscript of the sermon for deeper study or use our Small Group Guide to discuss these topics with your friends and family!
Oneness Embraced by Dr. Tony Evans
Tony Evans knows how elusive unity can be. As a black man who’s also a leader in white evangelicalism, he understands how hard it can be to bring these worlds together. Yet he’s convinced that the gospel provides a way for Christians to find oneness despite the things that divide us. In the Word of God, we find a kingdom-based approach to matters of history, culture, the church, and social justice. In this book, you’ll get:
- A Biblical Look at Oneness
- A Historical View of the Black Church
- A Kingdom Vision for Societal Impact
Although oneness is hard to achieve, the Christian must never stop striving. It’s a kingdom imperative. As Tony reminds us, “Glorifying God is our ultimate goal. Oneness exists to enable us to reach our goal.”
You can purchase the book or audiobook below. The video study sessions are free online!
Cityview doesn’t agree with everything in each of these resources, but believes that on the whole, they are aligned with Christian orthodoxy, insightful on our history, and helpful to the church.
- The New Reformation: Finding Hope in the Fight for Ethnic Unity by Shai Linne
- Beyond Racial Gridlock: Embracing Mutual Responsibility by Dr. George Yancey
- The Color of Compromise: The Truth about the American Church’s Complicity in Racism by Dr. Jemar Tisby
- Building a Healthy Multi-Ethnic Church by Dr. Mark DeYmaz
- Building a Multi-Ethnic Church by Dr. Derwin Gray
- Just Mercy by Bryan Stevenson
- Reading While Black by Dr. Esau McCaulley
- Divided by Faith by Drs. Michael Emmerson & Christian Smith
- One Blood by Dr. John Perkins
- Racial Reconciliation by Pastor Tory Mayo
- Racism and Corporate Evil: A White Guy’s Perspective by Dr. Tim Keller
- Tearing Down the Dividing Wall: How the Gospel Shapes Racial Reconciliation by Dr. HB Charles
- Racial Reconciliation by Dr. Eric Mason
- Overcoming Our Prejudices Through Christ by Pastor Matt Chandler
- The Most Segregated Hour in America by Pastor Charlie Dates