WHAT DO WE MEAN?
When we use the word ‘serve’ we meant volunteer work at Cityview Bible Church. Maybe that’s the time you spend with the facilities team setting up the gym on Sunday mornings, or maybe it’s the Kids Life small group you lead, or the time you spend greeting families as they arrive to the YMCA. Essentially, to serve means to give of your time for the benefit of other people.
WHY DO WE SERVE?
Look, serving others is hard work! It takes time and effort that could easily be spent elsewhere. The question of why we serve is the right question to ask because we want to serve for the right reasons! A sense of ministry fulfillment comes from the act of service specifically when we are serving others from a place of love and trust in Jesus, not from a place of obligation. These are a few of the reasons we serve:
- Jesus modeled serving others; if He served others, we should too.
- When you serve others, you discover your own gifts and talents.
- You will make lasting relationships with the people on your team.
- Other people at Cityview benefit from your service and volunteer time.
HOW DO I START SERVING?
When you’re ready to jump in and find a place to serve, all of our teams are committed to making the transition as simple as possible for you. Several weekends during the summer, and other times through the year you’ll hear from some of our ministry leaders and the men, women, and children impacted by those ministries. On those Sundays or any time, we encourage you to do the following:
- Pray! Ask God to reveal to you His calling.
- Try it out! Visit a ministry and see it in action.
- Expect a call from someone on our team.
- Make plans to attend the SHIFT conference.
READY TO JOIN A CITYVIEW SERVE TEAM?
We have immediate opportunities for you to fill your role and help Cityview reach every man, woman, and child with the life-changing reality of Jesus Christ.
FIND YOUR MINISTRY - CLICK HERE for the Ministry Directory