Swimming Upstream #3 – GENDER
Cultural Narrative on Gender:
Problems with the Cultural Narrative on Gender:
Biblical Narrative on Gender:
Where does this narrative (equal but distinct) come from in the Bible?
Men & Women are EQUAL in…
- …moral dignity, value, and ________ (Gen 1:26-27)
- …__________ to God through Jesus Christ (Gal 3:27-28)
- …spiritual ______________ and skillfulness (1 Cor 12:7)
- …knowledge, wisdom, and ____________ (Eph 4:11-13)
The Way of Jesus is radically _________________.
Men & Women are DIFFERENT…
- …in physical _____________ (Gen 2:18)
- …in creation _____________ (Gen 2:21-25)
- …in roles in the _____________ (Eph 5:21-33)
- …in roles in the ______________ (1 Tim 3:1-7)
- …in ___________________ (Gen 3:9)
What does this mean for how I see myself?
How can I help those struggling with their gender identity?
What does this mean for how I see the opposite gender?