Scripture: Ephesians 5:29, 1 Timothy 4:13, Hebrews 10:23–10:25, 1 Peter 4:10, Luke 14:23
A common self-inflicted spiritual detour is the overly busy schedule.
How do we get on this side road?
- Wrong priorities.
- Peer pressure.
- Child-centered parenting.
- Underappreciating community.
Why is the gathering of God’s people so important?
- We help each other focus on God! (Eph 5:19)
- We help each other hear God’s voice. (1 Tim 4:13)
- We receive and give encouragement. (Heb 10:23-25)
- We use our spiritual gifts to help others grow. (1 Pet 4:10)
- We experience the joy of inviting others into God’s family. (Luke 14:23)
How do I get off this detour and back on track?
- STOP some things.
- START some things.