Making Room in Our Lives
Two Purposes of This Parable:
To show us that we all fall _______ of God’s ____ and need a Savior.
- The Heart of the Law:
- The Problem of the Law:
- False Solutions:
- Jesus’ Story As An Illustration:
To give us a _________ of how the love of Jesus can work through us.
- The Example of the Good Samaritan:
- The Gospel:
Hospitality is measured by ____________, not by intentions.
How can we pass on Jesus’ mercy to others?
Personal Study Guide
- What was your primary take-away from the sermon on Sunday? How did the Lord challenge you to apply the truth that you heard?
Study the Word:
- Read Leviticus 19:18 & 19:33-34. Based on these verses, how does God expect His people to treat neighbors and foreigners in their midst? What does it mean to “not oppress” the foreigner?
- Read Luke 10:25-37 and Luke 16:14-15. What does the Scripture mean when it says the expert in the law “wanted to justify himself”? Why is self-righteousness the enemy of true hospitality?
- When you look at the example of the Good Samaritan, which part of his behavior is most difficult for you to follow? What changes would you need to make in order to grow in that area?
- Keith gave several examples of hospitable actions we can take when we meet someone new to the Cityview family. Which behavior are you going to put into practice next Sunday? What is your plan to do that?