Joy is the emotion we feel when someone is ___________ to be with us.
_________ is always glad to be with us.
Is it really a big deal to God that He is with us?
- God ________________ us so He can be with us.
- Jesus _____________ the highest price for us so He can be with us.
- The Lord ___________________ a place for us so He can be with us.
God’s invitation to eternal joy and happiness:
Personal Study Guide
- What was your primary take-away from the sermon on Sunday? How did the Lord challenge you to apply the truth that you heard?
Study the Word:
- Read Genesis 28:10-17. What is the difference between people climbing the ladder to get to God, and God descending the ladder to get to us?
- Read Philippians 2:5-8 and Hebrews 12:2. What did Jesus give up to come to earth? What motivated him to endure the brutality of the cross?
- Read Isaiah 65:17-19 and Revelation 21:1-4. How would the union of a New Heaven and a New Earth make eternity more joyful for you? What are some of the things you are planning to do there?
- Do you believe that God is glad to be with you? Why or why not?
- Have you opened the door of your heart to Christ? Do you enjoy dining with Him daily? How do you do that in practical terms?