Rhythms of Happiness
Obstacles to Joy Rhythms of Joy
Personal Study Guide
- What was your primary take-away from the sermon on Sunday? How did the Lord challenge you to apply the truth that you heard?
Study the Word:
- Read Exodus 20:8-11 and Mark 2:23-28. Why did God give His people the Sabbath requirement? How does Jesus’ teaching on the Sabbath help us better understand the commandment’s purpose?
- Read Philippians 4:10-14. According to Paul, what is the key to experiencing joy in each and every circumstance? Why is contentment so hard to maintain in our culture today?
- Based on the list of obstacles to joy in the sermon on Sunday, which one is the biggest challenge for you? Why do you think that obstacle is such a big deal in your life?
- Which rhythm of happiness do you need to start practicing in your life? What would it look like to add that to your schedule? Who can you ask to hold you accountable for that new rhythm?