Persevere in Faith
Scripture: 2 Timothy 1:1–1:7, 1 Corinthians 15:8–15:10, Acts 16:1–16:5
2 Timothy 1:1-7
Setting the Stage
What God Has Given Us
- Grace, Mercy, & ____________ in Christ
- Generational __________________
- Loving Mentors & _______________
- ______________ by the Spirit
What God Asks of Us
- Keep _______________ Your Faith in Christ
- Embrace the Right _______________
Personal Study Guide
- What was your primary take-away from the sermon on Sunday? How did the Lord challenge you to apply the truth that you heard?
Study the Word:
- Read 2 Timothy 1:1-5, 1 Corinthians 4:15-17, and Acts 16:1-5. Based on these passages, how would you describe Paul’s relationship with Timothy? Why do you think they created such a strong bond?
- Read 2 Timothy 1:6-7 and 1 Timothy 4:11-16. What was the “gift” that Timothy received through the “laying on of hands by the elders”? What does Paul challenge Timothy to do with this gift?
- In what seasons of your life has your faith been strongest and in what seasons has it been weakest? What can you learn from your own spiritual journey about what is required to keep the fire of your faith ablaze?
- What causes you the most fear in your life right now? How does the spirit of fear compete with your faith in God? What Scriptures can you memorize to help you fight your fear and grow your faith?