Rushing Wind #4: The Gifts of the Spirit
Passage: 1 Corinthians 12:1–12:11, Matthew 7:21–7:23, Romans 12:6–12:8, Ephesians 4:11, 1 Peter 4:11, Ephesians 4:11–4:13, John 13:12–13:15, 1 Corinthians 13:1–13:3, 1 Peter 4:10
Rushing Wind #4: The Gifts of the Holy Spirit
What are spiritual gifts?
What kinds of spiritual gifts does the Holy Spirit give to His people?
Why does the Holy Spirit give out these gifts to believers?
How do I discover my spiritual gifts?
How do I use my spiritual gifts?
1- _________________ God regardless of your gifts.
2- __________________ people with your gifts.
3- _________________ the spiritual gifts of others.
Growth Group Discussion Guide
(1) What was your primary take-away from the sermon on Sunday? How did the Lord challenge you to apply the truth that you heard?
Study the Word:
(1) Read 1 Corinthians 12:1-11 and 13:1-3. According to chapter 12, how do we know that a spiritual gift is from the Holy Spirit? What are the markers of the Spirit’s work? Why is love essential to our use of the gifts?
(2) Read Romans 12:1-8. Why is humility (“don’t think of yourself more highly than you should think”) so important in using our spiritual gifts in the body? How do we maintain unity in the midst of so many different gifts?
(1) What are your top two spiritual gifts? How do you know those are your spiritual gifts? How are you currently using your gifts to obey God and serve people in the church?
(2) Who do you need to encourage today about their spiritual gifts? Who has God used in your life recently to bless you and challenge you? How can you use your voice to spur them on to continue to use their gifts?
Preached @ Cityview Bible Church: 5/14/17
Available for download at www.cityviewbible.org/sermons