Rushing Wind #2: The Work of the Spirit
Scripture: John 16:5–16:11, Revelation 12:10, John 3:5–3:8, John 15:26–15:27, John 14:15–14:18, John 14:25–14:26, John 16:5–16:15
Rushing Wind #2: The Work of the Holy Spirit
Jesus taught that the Holy Spirit’s work includes…
1) _____________________ of Sin (John 16:5-11)
2) _______________________ of Sinners (John 3:5-8, 15:26-27)
3) _____________________ of Believers (John 14:15-18, 25-26)
Growth Group Study Guide
Study the Word:
(1) Read John 16:5-15. What are the action verbs in these verses that describe the ongoing activity of the Holy Spirit in the world? Why would Jesus say that it was for our benefit that He leave and send the Spirit to us? In what way is the Spirit inside us better than Jesus beside us?
(2) Read John 14:12-18. What is the relationship between the ministry of the Holy Spirit and the “greater works” that Jesus refers to in verse 12? Why do we need the help of the Counselor in order to obey Jesus? Give an example of one of Jesus’ commands that you need the Spirit’s help to obey:
(1) What was your primary take-away from the sermon on Sunday? How did the Lord challenge you to grow in your relationship with the Holy Spirit? What does it look like to be mindful of the Spirit’s presence and leadership on a daily basis and not just when you are at church?
(2) How do you know if you are trying to live the Christian life in the flesh (by your own power) and not in the Spirit (by God’s power)? What are the red flags we should look for that would reveal to us that we are trying to follow Jesus in our own strength?
Preached @ Cityview Bible Church: 4/30/17
Available for download at www.cityviewbible.org/sermons