Tell The World: The Power
Scripture: Acts 1:8, Galatians 5:22, Acts 4:29–4:31, Luke 12:11–12:12, 1 Corinthians 2:12, John 16:8, John 3:5–3:6
The Power to Tell the World: _________________ (Acts 1:8)
The Spirit’s Work in Us:
1- Remarkable _________ (Gal 5:22)
2- Uncommon _____________ (Acts 4:29-31)
3- Supernatural ___________ (Luke 12:41-42)
The Spirit’s Work in the World:
1- Awareness of ___________ (1 Cor. 2:12)
2- Conviction of _________ (John 16:8)
3- New _________ (John 3:5-6)
Growth Group Study Guide
(1) What was the biggest challenge you faced spiritually in the last week? How can your growth group lift you up personally in prayer over the next week?
(2) What did you think about Pastor Keith’s sermon from Sunday? What did you agree or disagree with? What helped you? What did you struggle with?
Getting Into the Word:
(1) Read John 14:15-26. What words or phrases does Jesus use to describe the Holy Spirit? What does each of these titles teach us about the role of the Holy Spirit? Describe His ministry in your own words.
(2) Read John 16:5-15. Why does Jesus say it is better for us if He leaves the earth and sends the Spirit to us? What is the difference between the ministry of Jesus and the ministry of the Holy Spirit?
(3) Read 1 Corinthians 2:10-16. According to these verses, how does the Spirit reveal to us the depths of God? What is the difference between human wisdom and divine wisdom as given by the Holy Spirit?
(4) Read Acts 2:1-11. When the Holy Spirit comes at Pentecost, how does He demonstrate that His ministry is going to be to all the nations of the earth? Why is this miracle a significant way to show God’s heart for all people?
(1) Some Christians ignore the Holy Spirit while others obsess over experiencing the miraculous gifts of the Holy Spirit. What has been your personal experience with the Holy Spirit?
(2) Now that the Holy Spirit has come, all Christians can experience His power and help in the area of missions. What would it look like practically for you to invite the Spirit into your efforts to tell the world about Jesus?
(3) What happens when we don’t ask the Spirit to empower us and strengthen us for the task of making disciples of all nations? Why are we destined to failure in missions without the help of the Spirit?
(4) Who are you praying for right now, that they would have a personal, powerful encounter with God? Write out your prayer for them below, asking the Holy Spirit to wake them up spiritually and draw them to Jesus: