Love... Where You Live: Fear Factor
Love Where You Live #3 – The Fear Factor
Jesus was _________________ in his interactions with all kinds of people:
- The sick and hurting (Luke 5:12-16)
- Religious leaders (Luke 5:17)
- Tax collectors and sinners (Luke 5:27-31)
- The rich (Luke 19:1-10) and the poor (Luke 14:12-14)
- An immoral woman (Luke 7:36-38)
- Children (Luke 18:15-17)
We are often _________________ in our interactions with others:
- We fear the unknown.
- We fear the unfamiliar.
- We fear new time commitments.
- We fear the sin of others. - We fear personal rejection.
- We fear awkward silence.
Some fears are _______________ because they are based on _____________ threats.
Many fears are _______________ because they are based on _______________ threats.
Jesus frees us from our fears:
- Fear God’s power, not man’s power (Luke 12:4-5)
- Rest in God’s love and mercy (Luke 12:6-7)
Processing your fears (Colossians 4:2-6):
1- Commit your fears to God in ________________.
2- Think about what to ________________ before you say it.
3- Extend abundant _______________ to others.
Today’s Application: Pick A Date
More in Love... Where You Live: The Art of Neighboring
October 4, 2015Love... Where You Live Special Edition: Local Missions
September 20, 2015Love... Where You Live: The Time Barrier
September 13, 2015Love... Where You Live: The Great Commandment