IT IS OUR VISION
That every man, woman, and child in Greater Austin would have the chance to experience the life-changing reality of Jesus Christ because they hear the gospel from the lips of someone at a Cityview Bible Church.
How will we reach the 1.8 million people who currently live in Greater Austin?
1. Multiplying Disciples
2. Planting Straegically Located and Spiritually Vibrant Churches
3. Partnering with Like-Minded Ministries
We believe that if 10% of Greater Austin becomes actively involved in an association church, growing in their faith, and regularly sharing their faith, we could have confidence that this vision could become a reality in our lifetime.
1) Every Man, Woman, and Child – Gospel Saturation We proclaim Him, admonishing every man and teaching every man with all wisdom, so that we may present every man complete in Christ. Colossians 1:28 (NASB) Our hope is to get the gospel of Jesus Christ to every person, regardless of their gender, age, race, ethnicity, socio-economic status, language, educational level, and life-choices. Every man, woman, and child matters to God and should matter to us.
2) Greater Austin – Geographic Ownership “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." Acts 1:8 Just as Jesus called His disciples to a geographic region, so Jesus has put us in Greater Austin at this time in history for a reason. We hope to reduce the lostness of our geography during our time on this earth on mission with Jesus Christ.
3) Experience & Hear the Gospel – Gospel Demonstration & Proclamation The Christ will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, and repentance and forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. Luke 24:46-47 We believe that the gospel of Jesus Christ is most effectively communicated life-on-life, from one person’s mouth to another person’s ears. This requires that we personally engage those disconnected from Christ, clearly know the gospel, regularly proclaim the gospel, and equip others to do the same.
4) From the Lips of Someone – Personal Responsibility But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. 1 Peter 2:9 Everyone who has been redeemed by Christ is called by God’s Word to share the good news of Jesus’ saving work with a dying world. Rather than look to a certain group of Christians to evangelize, we all need to take personal responsibility for our spheres of influence.